TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Effective Date: January 15, 2021
All references to “you” or “your” in these Terms mean the person that registers for, accesses, or uses the Website or the Services. If you use or access the Website or Services on behalf of an entity or individual, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that entity or individual. Our Website is not intended for those under the age of 16 – if you access this Website or the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 16 years of age.
You may not access or use, or attempt to access or use, the Website to take any action that could harm us or any third party, interfere with the operation of the Website, or in a manner that violates any law(s). For example, and without limitation, you may not:
• Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity or the origin of any information you provide;
• Engage in unauthorized spidering, scraping or harvesting of content or personal information, or use any other unauthorized automated means to compile information;
• Obtain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, materials, information or any services available on or through the Website;
• Use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activity conducted on the Website or attempt to probe, scan, test the vulnerability of, or breach the security of any system or network;
• Circumvent, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, disassemble, decrypt or otherwise alter or interfere with (or attempt, encourage or support anyone else’s attempt to engage in such activities) any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website. The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security (e.g., password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools) is strictly prohibited;
• Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our network or infrastructure;
• Upload or otherwise transmit any communication, software or material that contains a virus or is otherwise harmful to Latinx21’s or its users’ computers or systems;
• Send or cause to be sent any communication (including email) to other users without their consent (e.g., “mailbombs” or “spamming”);
• Violate, or encourage any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation;
• Engage in fraud or misuse of the Services;
• Cause damage, embarrassment or adverse publicity to Latinx21; or
• Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any person from using or enjoying the Website or that, in our sole judgment, exposes us or any of our users, affiliates or any other third party to any liability, damages or detriment of any type.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We may investigate and work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the Terms. We may suspend or terminate your access to the Website for any or no reason at any time without notice.
Unless specifically requested, Latinx21 does not wish to receive any confidential, proprietary, or trade secret from you via the Website (including via contact email made available on the Website). You remain fully responsible for the materials that you provide to us, including, without limitation, information, requests, creative works, pictures, photographs, letters, documents, demos, ideas, suggestions, reviews, concepts, methods, systems, designs, plans, techniques or other materials submitted, posted, uploaded, sent or otherwise transmitted to us (“User Content”). If you send Latinx21 any User Content, you grant Latinx21 a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully transferable, assignable, and sub-licensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, print, publish, translate, create derivative works from, create collective works from, and distribute, perform, display, license and sublicense (through multiple levels) such User Content in any media now known or hereinafter invented, including for commercial purposes. In addition to the rights applicable to any User Content, when you post comments or reviews to our Website or via mentions in social media, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit with any comment, review, or other content, in connection with the comment, review or other content.
You agree not to provide User Content that:
• Infringes on the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party;
• Is false, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, hateful or sexually explicit;
• Violates a third party’s right to privacy or publicity;
• Degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification;
• Contains epithets or other language or material intended to intimidate or incite violence;
• Contains a virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb or any other harmful program or component;
• Contains any commercial material or solicits any funds (charitable or commercial), perpetuates chain letters or pyramid schemes, promotes commercial entities, or otherwise engages in commercial activity; or
• Violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or advocates illegal activity.
We are not obligated to use your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Content.
The obligations that you have to us under these Terms shall survive termination of the Website, any use by you of the Website, any User Content uploaded or sent through the Website, or these Terms.
This Website contains content that is protected under the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and other countries (“Content”) and these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies existing now and hereinafter developed. Unless otherwise provided in these Terms or elsewhere indicated on the Website, all intellectual property rights in the Content are owned by us or our third-party licensors to the full extent permitted under United States and international intellectual property laws, including, without limitation, all videos, text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, moving images, illustrations, files, trademarks, logos, service marks, artwork, computer code, design, structure, selection, coordination, “look and feel,” and arrangement of the Content. Your use of this Website shall not grant you any claim of ownership over any Content, and you agree to comply with all applicable intellectual property laws. You may print copies of the Content, provided that these copies are made only for personal, non-commercial use, and provided that you maintain any notices contained in the Content, or maintained by the licensor or author, such as all copyright notices, trademark legends, attributions, by-lines or other proprietary rights notices. You may not publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, edit, adapt, modify or otherwise exploit any part of the Website, including the Latinx21 name and logo, without our prior written consent. You may provide a link to the top page of the Website unless and until Latinx21 gives notice that you must discontinue linking to the Website. You may not store electronically any significant portion of Content from this Website. The use of Content from this Website on any other site, including by linking or framing, or in any networked computer environment, for any purpose, is prohibited without our prior written approval.
Claims of Infringement
Latinx21 respects the intellectual property of others and requires that you do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Latinx21 will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged copyright infringement that are duly reported to its Designated Copyright Agent identified in the notice below. Latinx21 will disable and/or remove access to the website for users who are repeat infringers. If you believe that your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Latinx21 Copyright Agent the following information:
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
• Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple works are covered by this Notice you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
• Identify the material or link you claim is infringing and provide a description of where the infringing work is located on the website.
• Provide your mailing address, telephone number and, if available, email address.
• Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
• “I hereby state that I have a good-faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., fair use).”
• “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
• Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
• Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Latinx21 Designated Copyright Agent:
5670 Wilshire Blvd., 18th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90036
While Latinx21 considers all such notices seriously, you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that content or activity is infringing. Accordingly, if you are uncertain whether material infringes your copyrights (including whether use of copyrighted material may constitute fair use) you may wish to seek the advice of an attorney.
Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party Websites
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Latinx21, its officers, directors, affiliates, agents and employees, from and against any claims, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other liabilities in any way associated with (i) your use of and access to the Website or Services, (ii) your violation of any of these Terms, and (iii) your violation of any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, trade secret or privacy right related to your User Content (as applicable) or use of this Website.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, GOODS OR SERVICES APPEARING OR OFFERED ON THE WEBSITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY (1) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (2) WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; (3) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF THE WEBSITE; (4) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CORRECTNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF DATA MADE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE BY LATINX21; (5) WARRANTIES OTHERWISE RELATING TO PERFORMANCE, NONPERFORMANCE OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY LATINX21 OR ANY THIRD PARTY; AND (6) WARRANTY OF TITLE. FURTHER, LATINX21 DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OR THE NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (1) THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY EMAIL WE SEND YOU IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY BECAUSE OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF OR BROWSING ON THE WEBSITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM THE WEBSITE; OR (2) THAT THE WEBSITE, WEBSITE CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, UP-TO-DATE OR UNINTERRUPTED. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WILL LATINX21 (OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE WEBSITE) BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES AND LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, WEBSITE CONTENT, USER CONTENT OR ANY LINKED SITES, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF LATINX21 HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IN NO EVENT WILL LATINX21’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY (OR THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TREMS OF USE, THE WEBSITE, OR THE SERVICES (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED $100. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LATINX21’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, LATINX21 DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEBSITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE.
Applicable Law; Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States and the State of California, as applicable, without giving effect to their principles of conflicts of law. By using the Website, you waive any claims that may arise under the laws of other countries or territories.
Dispute Resolution; Class Action Waiver
With respect to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Website or these Terms (including, without limitation, the Privacy Notice), Latinx21 and you agree to negotiate in good faith and undertake reasonable efforts to cooperate with one another in order to achieve a mutually satisfactory resolution. If you and Latinx21 do not resolve any dispute by informal negotiation, any other effort to resolve the dispute will be conducted exclusively by binding arbitration as described in this section. You are giving up the right to litigate (or participate in as a party or class member) all disputes in court before a judge or jury. Instead, all disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator, whose decision will be final except for a limited right of appeal under the Federal Arbitration Act. Any court with jurisdiction over the parties may enforce the arbitrator’s award. Any proceedings to resolve or litigate any dispute in any forum will be conducted solely on an individual basis. Neither you nor Latinx21 will seek to have any dispute heard as a class action or in any other proceeding in which either party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity. No arbitration or proceeding will be combined with another without the prior written consent of all parties to all affected arbitrations or proceedings. Latinx21 and you agree that all disputes arising under these Terms that cannot be settled through informal negotiation will be settled exclusively through confidential binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California, or another forum mutually agreed upon by the parties, pursuant to the Rules of Arbitration (“Rules”) of the International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”) by a sole arbitrator nominated by agreement of the parties and confirmed in accordance with said Rules. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in a court of competent jurisdiction. You agree that Latinx21 is entitled to obtain preliminary injunctive relief to the extent allowed by law to enforce any of the terms of these Terms pending a final arbitral decision. To the extent permitted by law, any claim or dispute under this agreement must be filed within one year in an arbitration proceeding. The one-year period begins when the claim or notice of dispute first could be filed. If a claim or dispute is not filed within one year, it is permanently barred. If any other provision of this section is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that provision will be severed, with the remainder of this section remaining in full force and effect.
Separate Terms and Conditions
In connection with your use of the Website, you may be asked to consent to policies or terms and conditions in addition to these Terms. Please read these supplemental policies and terms carefully before making any use of such portions of the Website. Any supplemental terms will not vary or replace these Terms regarding any use of the Website, unless otherwise expressly stated.
Access Outside the United States
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Latinx21 and you, superseding any prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and us. In the event any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and Latinx21 as a result of these Terms or your access to and use of the Website. Our failure to enforce any provisions of these Terms or respond to a violation by any party does not waive our right to subsequently enforce any terms or conditions of the Terms or respond to any violations. Nothing contained in these Terms is in derogation of our right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Website or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please use this webform or contact us at:
5670 Wilshire Blvd., 18th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90036